Saturday, February 14, 2009

Do they just think that us women of size hate ourselves that much?

I am livid. LIVID!!!!!!! I entered a sweepstakes to win a $1000 giftcard from  a plus sized clothing store called Silhouettes. Then I went to the store and found that the models were TINY. Why, why, why, why, why would they use tiny models to sell clothes to women of size? That's just insulting. And I don't mean tiny as in size 12 or size 14, but I mean tiny like size 2 or 4. I'm totally outraged and upset. Do they think that we don't like to look at ourselves? That we think that there is something wrong with us? So we need a mirror that's someone half our size? It's not cool. It makes me so angry. 
The need or the idea that to be thin is to be happy or perfect is like a virus that's infected  this whole country. People need to be cured of this virus. Myself included. I'm not saying that I want to be unhealthy, I want to be healthy but not just physically, mentally too, so if I'm fit and healthy and still a size 18, I can still love myself and look at myself lovingly in the mirror, not look at what I might be or what I should be. I'm totally mad. 

No comments: