Sunday, November 30, 2008

It Started With the Bread...

It always starts with the bread for me. I was on my way home from shopping last night and I stopped at this cute little gourmet shop and bought a baguette. I don't know why I bought a baguette. I've never been able to handle bread. I guess I thought that I could. Or at least I wanted to try. I haven't binged since I started doing the weight loss hypnosis. That's over 3 months! And so I thought I could handle a piece of bread. No. It was hot. So hot. I started in the car. And by the time I got home, I had eaten half. And it was cold by that time. So I put it in the over and ate the rest of the baguette with butter. But that wasn't enough for me. I then made a pot of spaghetti and poured sauce on it and ate the whole thing. I ate like probably a half of a box of spaghetti which is I think like 4 servings technically. I was so full and bloated afterward, I just went to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling badly. But I'm trying to let it go. I don't know why I did it. Maybe i needed a boost. Maybe it just happens sometimes. I'm not going to let it kill me. I'm not going to let one day of a slip up undo all of my efforts. I'm going to eat sensibly today, listen to the Think and Shrink download on my ipod, try to bundle up and go for a run at some point, or maybe hit the gym. But I will not let this break me.

4 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Lila, for me, the "kiss of death" is bread-like stuff in the morning. Such as bagels or (especially) sweet rolls. I've learned I just have to avoid these "normal" breakfast food items, or I'm off and running on a carb-binge the rest of the day.

I usually try to have some cheese or low-fat/low-carb yogurt as my first food of the day (I've really started to like the Activia yogurt, the one sweetened with Splenda). Starting the day with protein seems to help.

But...I have VAST experience with how carbs will call to you once you get started on them.

Anyway, hang in there. Weight loss is a result of PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION. (My husband tells me this all the time...I'm not sure where he heard it.)

~Graciela

Girl of True Heart said...

I cried reading this hon. Because I know exactly how the warm bread is our heroin. If you can anticipate that thought when you're about to buy the bread with "I need to get some protein instead," it will help. For this reason I love the whey protein low carb shakes and I love the mini (not the big ones) luna bars (6g protein).

No looking back....I sat in my shit like ya suggested. ;-) Tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there.

Girl of True Heart said...

PS I wish I could "follow" you. would you consider adding that option to your blog so people could?

Girl of True Heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.